Hey lovely people
This is my first post as a DT member of Imaginations Online store…
And, It’s time to see what the store is newly releasing …The Magical Mica Powders…
Yes. Lets talk Mica.
Am sure you are going to love the new range of mica powders in four different shades – Mystical Gold, Blue Gold, Crimson Red and Pearl White that will make any mixed media project shine!
You may have heard of mica powder before. It’s a non-toxic mineral that gives off a shimmery and metallic like appearance that gives a magical glow on whatever you use it on and believe me, They are also super versatile.
Now, let me move on to what I have created. Am going to share the procedure of how I created this frame.
- I took a 8*8 size stretched canvas and painted the it all over with white acrylic paint. Two coats.
- I added some textures using stencils here and there using DecoArt Dimensional effects texture paste.
- Then I dry dabbed the base with the mica powders starting with Crimson Red.
- And after the whole base is covered with a hue of colors, I sprayed a coat of water using my mini mister and allowed dry.
- Then I mixed little mica powders directly with texture paste and added more texture to the frame.
- Added a little texture paste in the centre and dropped a little Lindy’s Starburst Sea mint green spray and allow it to flow.
- Took a mdf circle frame and painted it with mica powders mixed in little water… see the sheen… it was very smooth to paint. And the MDF was transformed into a gorgeous frame with a metal look.
- Now time to finish the frame off… I just added a little blue Gold Mica powder in my mini mister and added some water and sprayed over the mulberry flowers… Look at the transformation.
- Did the same spray effect on the centre flower which is handmade with Joycrafts flower die from the store. Added a few fillers and my favourite quote from the Kaisercraft stamp.
And here is the complete look… Note the magic the mica powders have created on the frame. And I am completely in love with it.
Hope you all liked what I have made.
-Magical mica powders
– Lindy’s Starburst Sea mint green
-DecoArt Dimensional Effects texture paste
– Joycrafts flower die
-Kaisercrafts stamp (Script and Confidence)